Of all the pests that call Clarita home, cockroaches are undoubtedly among the worst, and this isn’t just because of their creepy appearance and their ability to crawl upside down. Cockroaches pose a number of problems when they invade area homes. If you are worried about finding a cockroach infestation inside your Santa Clarita home, we have some things for you to consider today. If you suspect roaches are already inside and causing trouble, reach out to us and get started with effective Santa Clarita pest control services from Excel Pest Management. We will schedule an appointment and send a technician your way ASAP.
Three Things You Did Not Know About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are fascinating creatures, and there are many things homeowners around Santa Clarita do not know about these pests that they should. To help you better understand the types of roaches that might cause trouble inside your home, here are three things you should know.
- Cockroaches are incredibly resilient insects. They are able to withstand pressure up to 900 times their body weight, they are five times more resistant to radiation than humans, and they are resilient to many forms of pest control.
- A cockroach prefers to live in moist areas where its back and belly can touch surfaces at the same time. One common place you might find these pests in your home is beneath and behind your kitchen appliances.
- The cockroach is one of the fastest ground insects. In addition to being speedy, these pests are able to transition from floors to walls to ceilings without breaking pace.
Common Problems Cockroaches Cause
When cockroaches sneak into homes, they can bring in some serious problems. To start, cockroaches bring the chance of disease. German cockroaches, the most common species in Santa Clarita, are capable of carrying and spreading 33 harmful bacteria, 7 human pathogens, and 6 parasitic worms. To make things worse, cockroaches can also trigger asthma attacks and other respiratory problems with their shed skins and dry fecal droppings. Both of these problems become worse as infestations grow indoors.
In addition to threatening health, cockroaches can damage property. These invasive insects love to eat things like glue, paper, cardboard, fabric, grease, soap, wallpaper, and even hair. If they find their way into your storage areas, they could damage books, clothing, and other items.
Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
If you are not currently dealing with a cockroach problem and are looking for some DIY options to keep these pests out of your home, here are some options. To start, here is a simple guide to avoiding cockroaches.
- Seal your home’s exterior by filling in gaps and cracks, repairing screens, and addressing damaged weatherstripping.
- Address moisture issues in and around your home.
- Reduce clutter on your property.
- Keep your interior spaces as clean as possible and tidy.
- Take out the trash regularly and make sure your bins have tight-fitting lids.
- Store all leftover food inside air-tight containers.
- Clean out your pets' food bowls after every meal.
Benefits Of Professional Cockroach Control
If you are looking for how to get rid of cockroaches for good, your absolute best option is to hire a professional. For amazing pest control in Santa Clarita, trust the experts at Excel Pest Management. We offer detailed treatments to eliminate and control invasive and potentially harmful pests like roaches. We recommend starting with a thorough pest inspection. This will allow you an opportunity to assess your home’s risk and it will help our team put together a plan of action.